LiveJournal: When the LJ abuse prevention team become the abusers, who will protect the LJ users?

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Do you trust LJ Abuse?

The captures were taken in December 2004, when a friend of mine on Livejournal's Abuse Team let me log into the account . . . Someone on the LJ Abuse team let their friend log into someone's account?

There's a feature on LJ that lets users with the right permissions, like admins or abuse team members, view all the entries in a journal or community, the friends locked and even the private. They say it isn't abused of course, so why do some people find other people accessing their private entries?

Shouldn't this be addressed in Livejournal's privacy policy?

Tags: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a paid account for 2 years but I'm not getting one again.

7:28 PM

 
Blogger Christine D said...

One of the times loony Mel created yet another account to leave me abusive comments, I f-locked the thread so she couldn't delete the comments before LJA saw them (as she'd started doing). I then reported the link to LJA. They said they couldn't look at it because it was friends locked, even though it was my entry on my LJ so I was giving them permission to look at it.

Yet they'll go into locked communities to read the posts, and they'll read f-locked entries on a journal that wasn't reported for any infraction of the rules.

8:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleary the lolz balls have bitten the snakes in hell.

Smitten with love and morning juice smeared like jelly on myface we only the secert magic things like paste.

Paste is good.

12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the abuse team could have used Frienditto on anyone on LJ!

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous RedV said...

That PISSES ME OFF

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iawtc

Paste is good.

LJA sucks.

3:48 PM

 
Anonymous Jam said...

LJ abuse can kiss my balls.

6:24 PM

 
Anonymous Finbar said...

They said they couldn't look at it because it was friends locked, even though it was my entry on my LJ so I was giving them permission to look at it.

Yet they'll go into locked communities to read the posts, and they'll read f-locked entries on a journal that wasn't reported for any infraction of the rules.


That kind of shit is typical from LJ Abuse.

9:47 AM

 
Anonymous NightVixen said...

LJ abuse take advantage of their power, It should be documented. I've a goods Story maybe a few to share Regarding LJ abuse.

I'm so Directinga few friends this way....

12:21 AM

 
Anonymous Rose said...

I think staff should have every right to view locked items. Afterall people are using their services!

3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home