LiveJournal: When the LJ abuse prevention team become the abusers, who will protect the LJ users?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Email to Six Apart/LJ from realcdaae

From realcdaae's livejournal:

To: contact@sixapart.com, Barakb@sixapart.com, anil@dashes.com, Kevink@livejournal.com
Date: May 31, 2006 12:33 AM
Subject: Fwd: Abuse team and locked/private entries question

I am forwarding you the following email which I sent to Mark Ferrell, Denise Paolucci, and the LJ abuse team member [info]shamanix on Thurday May 25th.

I understand that it has been a holiday weekend, but I know that Mr Ferrell has been responding to abuse complaints in the past few days, so I am peturbed to have had no response.

If the abuse team has stated rules, clearly steps outside those rules, and implies that a LiveJournal member is lying, I think they have the duty to provide an explanation. I would like to know precisely what violation of US law was being investigated when LJ Abuse representatives looked at my friends locked entries (see below).

I look forward to your reply.

Forwarded Email

That's the CEO and VP of Six Apart, head of LiveJournal, and general Six Apart contact address. I wonder I wonder, will any of them reply?

Tags: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THREE CHEERS FOR CDAAE.

7:21 PM

 
Anonymous Sally said...

You're not alone in wondering if they will reply!!

7:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet they ignore it.

9:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having your free account suspended: annoying

Having your paid account suspended: really annoying

LJ's customer service: worthless

10:27 AM

 
Anonymous RF said...

Any word yet? No didn't think so.

4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh look it's a week later and heard anything?

7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home