(Previous content removed as it was a mistake on behalf of the LJ Abuse team, for which they apologized and it's resolved.)
From the ProMom media info page:
Bullet Points - Problems with LJ Abuse
- No appeals process for suspensions, along with refusal to answer legitimate questions from users.
- Inconsistant and contradictory answers given to users about LiveJournal's rules and what is regarded as a breach.
- Questions raised about breaches of privacy and abuse team's ability to read users' private posts have not been answered.
- Discourteous replies received by users asking questions.
- Replies received evade questions put by users, and support requests are then closed with no further response.
- Rules not specified in Terms of Service or abuse team policy document are used to suspend accounts, and definition of words (such as harassment) are twisted to suit team's decisions.
I will be adding reference links to that list in the next couple of days to specific examples.
A lot of blogs have picked up this story today so I'll leave you to do a Google blog search if you're interested!